Stage 1 interstim

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor said after the first stage that I had very low frequency in my sacral nerves and that they adjusted it during the procedure and that the interstim device will now control it. I took a sacral mri and it did show there was decreased activity in my sacral nerves. I am confused now as to whether this is a back issue or a pelvic floor issue where the nerve damage from an infection was picked up by the testing they did in the or? Any advice would be appreciated. My most annoying symptom is a constant urge to urinate after an unnecessary foley was forcefully put into me at a hospital at only 29. I am now 32 and have gone from a career in social work to now being on minimum disability and now looking into housing. I really want my life back. Does anybody know anything about this? I went to pelvic floor physical therapy twice, did injections into the pelvic area including botox, had medications put into my bladder area for interstitial cystitis and nothing. I am really starting to lose it at this point because this really feels like my last chance at a normal life again. I have grown tired of doctors, testing, and various procedures and just need something to work. Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you want your life back, then take it one step at a time. Housing is most important and then the job, What matters more than housing is physical and mental health, so work on that first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.