Stage 4 liver cancer & depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been battling stage 4 liver cancer for 5 years & now I'm getting depressed. The treatments make me sick. I'm having pain on my right side & my doctors tell me I have a bad gaw bladder & nothing can be done about it. I want to continue working but I can't find a job. I am really depressed & lonely. Sometimes I wonder if I'm losing my mind.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Larry

just read your posting, was looking up info on liver cancer as my good friend has just been diagnosed with it. Just want to give you some mental support and hope you have good days as well as the bad one you are having now. Keep focusing Janex

• Posted

seems like my last posting got lost, just to say I am so sorry you are feeling low and it is not surprising, my good friend has just been diagnosed so I was looking for info regarding that and read your posting. Ihope you have good days as well as the bad day you are having now, your state of mind in this is SO important - take care Janex
  • Posted

Hi larry,

Sick gallbladders can be surgically removed, or managed through diet. do you know if you have gall stones or a malfunctioning gallbladder?

i am so sorry that you have depression. It seems like a tough road you are traveling, but so long as we breathe, there is hope. Do you have someone you can talk to? For therapy or just to get things off your chest?? A support system is so important, even for those who aren't sick. Even moreso for those of us who are.

• Posted

So sorry I've been try to think how i can help.have you thought about doing some sort of voluntary work.I f you live near a salvation army, call in and ask to see the officer in charge, you will be given a warm welcome and someone to talk to.And probably find you some voluntary work.

You don't have to be a Christian anyone can call in.

I'm supprised you can have any help with your gall bladder problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.