Stage fm4 deep infiltrating endo vs IBD

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all. I've had endometriosis diagnosed and mostly coping for 15 years now. IBD is a separate puzzle to solve as I am, when I request a faecal sample be tested, coming back with elevated calprotectin. For example, a cut off of 50 has had results of 58, 131 and 436 over the last few years.

One doctor proposed today that the endometriosis is the cause, could this actually be the case?

Confused and feeling quite down as everything down there seems to be kicking off just now. Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Everything you said about IBD is Greek to me except "IBD."

Yes, endo can cause diarrhea that goes on forever. It can grow on the outside of the intestine and no colonoscopy can see it there. Sometimes we have IBS but endo is frequently blamed entirely on IBS & you find out later that the docs had it wrong.. As the spots on the intestine's outer wall cycle, the blood can get into the intestine and be passed rectally as a liquid. (This can even happen 27 years after removal of ovaries, tubes, cervix, uterus, plus spits on the intestine, lol.)

Was the endo not diagnosed via laparoscopy & did they not mention spots on your intestine?

• Posted

Hello, yes I have had several laps, all of which resected endometriosis from the outside of my digestive tract as well as many other places. Which is how I know it is stage 4 and DIE.

This doctor I saw claimed the endometriosis is the cause of the elevated calprotectin (a protein produced when there is inflammation in the digestive tract which technically runs from mouth to anus), however I have never heard that before and it seems to be unsupported when I've tried to research the idea. I'm well-versed in endometriosis causing IBS, but these symptoms are different to that, in ways that are hard to explain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.