Staghorn stone and tuberculosis

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi browsing this site and thought I would post my experience with you since it is not a common one. back in 2015 I woke up one morning with a bladder infection with excruciating pain. I had never had a bladder or kideny infection before. went to doctors gave me some bactrium took medicine and symptoms went away except for one when I finish the antibiotic I started with a low grade fever at night with the chills. went back sent me to ER ...CT scan showed a large staghorn stone in my kidney which took up most of the collection area and was blocking my kidney from draining. they put a tube in my kidney to drain it (the fluid coming out was minimal and reddish milky stuff didn't look anything like urine. gave me antibiotics which when I completed them the fever would return. this went on for a couple of months when they ran a function test found out was running at 8% so they decided to remove the kidney. a bout a week later I get a call to go back to take tuberculosis test they found tuberculosis in the kidney but didn't keep it to see if it was active (which takes months I've heard) put me on tuberculosis treatment for 6months and have not had any problems since. I think the tuberculosis was active and caused the stone to form.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.