Stapedecomy surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I had stapedecomy surgery on my ear two months ago and still am having problems with off balance and vertigo symptoms not sure if anyone else has had this problem and if it goes away??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've not had it myself, but everyone is different. 

Most likely you will be back to normal as the body heals. Different people heal at different rates.

Hope you get well soon.

Has your hearing improved?

• Posted

Hello I am 12 weeks today and still off balance but this evening realized it maybe my eye sight. Going to have eye test done and see if that helps. Thanks for reaching out. I do know I’m still healing for I get tired easily 
    • Posted

And yes my hearing is way better that is good! 
  • Posted

Hi Tanmy,

Wondering how the balance and vertigo is going for you? Looks like you made the post about a month ago so you're at 3 months now.

I'm at 7 weeks post-op and while I'm a lot better than I was I'm still dealing with a lot of light-headedness and balance issues. I'm functional but not feeling great, especially when I'm moving around. I haven't been able to exercise or do anything outside of walking (pretty slowly). It feels as though there is a lot of pressure issues in and around my ear where it feels like I need to pop it. The doctor says it sounds like it's because of a negative pressure buildup. 

Anyways - would be good to hear if this has resolved for you or if you had similar symptoms to these??

• Posted

Hello I don’t think I really had issue with pressure, have you tried an allergy medicine to see if helps, balance issue is still there but just noticed tonight it maybe my eye sight so getting eyes checked.  I know I’m still healing for my ear is sore feeling sometimes and I’m tired more at night than I use to be. Hope this helps good luck on your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.