Staph Infection in nose and below with weird yellow clusters

Posted , 2 users are following.

So earlier this year (February), I had super congested nose where my nose is completely blocked, at least in one hole. So the staph infection is constantly causing my nose to have scabs and snot doesn't come out. Red inflammed bottom nose and a lot of nose hair that's sticky. The area under my lips is red swollen and skin sometimes rip and scab. I took cephalxin for the skin infection and some antibacteria and antifungal cream. They got better and now it came back in June.

Also there's some kind of weird little yellow clusters that look like herpes and doesn't right under my swollen red area (straight under my nose in the middle) because it's extremely small. You would have to look up close at my face to notice it when I point it out.

The yellow cluster spread to my bottom mid lips and left corner after it came back in June. Like tiny yellow dots on my lips.

Now I am on 3 antibiotics and still the rubbing the creams.

Could this be a staph-herpes double infection? Or maybe staph triggered the herpes?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ok, staph infection doesn't hurt my lips or rarely since on antibiotics but still red and swollen...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.