Staph skin infection

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had a big problem with my skin, all over my body for the past 6 months. i first went to the doctor and he prescribed me Daktacort ointment. it cleared up within 3 days completely! i stopped using it and it came back, much worse!!

i have found my myself using the Daktacort ointment every day now, as if i stop it just comes back and spreads and flares up like wildfire within 24 hours.

i went back to the doctor as i was unhappy that i could not stop using the cream, he swabbed my skin and it came back stating i had a staph infection. i was then given antibiotics, which did not help, i'm assuming i may have a resistance and need a different kind of antibiotics?

this disorder is literally all over my body, neck, back, arms, feels raised and very very uncomfortable.

take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think and what you think the appropriate solution would be...

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I would spray it with a solution of dmso and distilled or pure water (70% dmso). i think you should also take a teaspoon of dmso in water a day. It makes you stink of garlic but worth it for a while.

Do some research on dmso - it is the most incredible agent for almost any skin condition, including wound healing; and its the most potent free radical scavenger on the planet. Everyone should have a bottle at home.

• Posted

any suggestions on how to get rid of it permanently? doctors are being very unhelpfull. if i buy different antibiotics do you think it will clear it up?

• Posted

How does the rash feel? Is it itchy?

• Posted

it can be yes. i have never suffered with skin problems much in the past, just the odd bit on my hands but nothing serious, this is strange for what ever it is to appear on these areas of my body in such large areas

• Posted

Have you tried anti fungal tablets? If the anti fungal cream works, ask your doctor for a course of anti fungal tablets they work much quicker, but avoid alcohol when you are on them. Wash your clothes and bedsheets more regularly than normal just in case you are reinfecting yourself. Also try an anti histamine tablet every day for the itching.

• Posted

yes i had a weeks worth of anti fungal tablets. it didnt work.

its so annoying, i think about it every day and it irrates me every day, just don't know what to do any more.

im really not sure why the doctor prescribed daktocort but it must be the hydrocortisone which reduces the swelling and clears it up, not the miconzole thats in it.. what ya reckon?

• Posted

its an infection in my blood or deep in the skin??

• Posted

yes, my first appointment was the other day, she wasn't very helpful at all, ive asked for a different one in 8 weeks time.. she prescribed me elocon ointment. i'm afraid to use this too much as you can develop withdrawal symptoms. it is working and it reduces the swelling, but i feel im constantly masking the problem.

• Posted

have you changed any shampoo, shower gel, washing detergent, fabric softener or cleaning products since this rash started. I am thinking you may have a really bad allergy. Or maybe you got a new pet or are around some new chemicals possibly at work, maybe you are around some painters or decorators. Is there a possibility this could be an allergy to something a new material or chemical you have changed 6 months ago?

• Posted

i think about my condition literally all day, ive thought over all of the suggested things and nothing has changed. it first came about in january when i wasn't in work. anti histamines do not help it so i'm not sure if its an allergy. i was optimistic about 'elidel 'cream' but i started using it 2 days ago and i think its keeping it at bay for now, i havent ever used a cream that has been able to do so, its just been ointments that have helped it so far. do you think i should ask the dermotologists to do tests?? surely they have seen something like this before, its certainly not 'normal' dermatitis i dont think, look in the picture on my shoulder you can see a promenant white and red line where its very inflamed

• Posted

Maybe you have a food intolerance or allergy.

Or certain autoimmune disorders can cause skin problems. How is your health?

• Posted

my health is pretty good. i would say. i eat right and go to the gym. the thing is, nothing has changed, i havent done anything differently or ate anything difference. the doctors swabbed the back of my neck and said its a staph infection. however they gave me anti-biotics which didn't clear it up. strange

• Posted

Ask for a different type of antibiotic and make sure you take it exactly how it is directed for the full amount of time. If it still doesn't clear up or they don't give you one, get a second opinion. Some doctors are just useless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.