Stapled Haemorrhoidopexy

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, looking for a bit of advise

i had the opp 5 days ago, has been 5 horrible horrible days. Lots of very bad pain, etc.

now I have had traces of blood in all my stools. And have kept myself regular with movicol. But today, I had to 'push' ever so slightly nothing major, I couldn't stop it. Wasn't a major push ,etc and out popped a tiny more condensed poop.

its about 4 hours later, and was back on the pot, and was feeling like I needed to go, it felt watery again, and it was again a small bit. But this time a lot of blood. Before there were just streaks but this time it's was just blood instead of the mucusy fluid with traces in.

is this normal, ? Due to the earlier little push. I was shocked as it's the most blood I have passed. Should I gear up for more of this and not be worried.

i have stopped the codeine yesterday and just on a ibuprofen . I'm in less pain which is good, but worried I might have torn staple or stitches etc hence more blood and less pain.

im waiting for my next bm , but have hardly eaten since the opp, today was a small bowl of allbran this am, I have dropped about 7lbs since opp. I'm going to eat a decent slab of salmon tonight, but worried with the consequences 

any advise would be great

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marc, sorry to hear about your situation, hopefully it will brighten up sooner rather than later. I did a HAL/Rar last year and it took me about 2 months to be human again, but this varies from person to person. All I can say is the first 10 days are hell, but then it gets noticably better.

Your codeine most likely made you constipated. I'd try and avoid abrasive all bran but eat loads and loads of juicy fruit and perhaps brown pasta without cheese etc. I used to eat almost 10 fruit a day as well as dried plums which left little room for actual food, but a little wholegrain pasta was great. Fibre and tons of water all day and night will help.

I'd stay away from salmon, dairy and meat for a couple of weeks. With the above you'll probably poop 1-2 daily and you shouldn't push at all. Pushing really makes things worse.

PS you shouldn't worry about bleeding a little, it's normal but it depends on what your surgeon says.

Hope you feel better, soon, all will be back to normal soon!

• Posted

Many thanks, oh god! I ate the salmon, ;-)

yes am am steering clear of the codeine now, the blood seems to have slowed in my last stool, back to dark and gloopy(sorry for the graphic description)

i think i have not eaten as much as I should be doing due to the first days of solid pain, to scared too due to the pain of bm. So I think I pushed slightly as your body does, when there is nothing there. Been on plent of water and fruit juice. Thanks for the advice I'm resolved to have a good chomp on more tomorrow, as you say if it's the right stuff, with my light dose of lax I'm hopeful , bit of panic I spose earlier. Many thanks for the helpful advise, I've realised its a lonely sort of recovery already, as it's hard for those around you to understand what's going on down there and they panic even though it's not happening to them

regards

• Posted

Don't worry Mark, try not to see it as a lonely recovery because tons of people have gone through with it and we all must share the burden of our darkest, dirtiest most disgusting little secrets. I find it's good to explain the constraints to others with no shame, however it's good to limit the gory details as much as possible as they will either get scared, nauseated or fed up!

I don't blame you on the salmon, it is sooooooo nice.

Generally, it seems that the more fruit and water, you will be driven to the bathroom by urgency, which is good because it means no strain pretty much. Also , I found washing with water and sitz baths really good for both pain and healing. But that also depends on what the doc allows I guess...

The blood will likely return again in small quantities a few times, even after a few weeks - it's part of the healing. Any straining at all will cause it.

Anyway, youve made the tough decision, had the roughest five days, so after another five you should start feeling better and then hopefully smooth sailing from there onwards. Hopefully they're not going to bother you again.

Ah,  I'd a;sp avoid heavy lifting, standing too long and prolonged sitting to help avoid reocurrence (I've got a desk-ridden job and it really meant moving things around  A LOT to accomodate this really annoying illness)

Regards from Greece, where we're currently all being torn new ones

• Posted

Dear poor fellas,

I'm still bleeding two months after surgery with bowl movement I don't think it was a success when did your bleeding with bowel movement stop ?

Please let me know I'm exhausted and scarred I've had s colonoscopy to rule out cancer but I'm still bleeding I've had a a halo and a prolapsed pile stapled

• Posted

Hi Marc hope your feeling better. I had pph sheet June 15 . My hemorrhoids were prolapsed. They were so huge and nasty, painful and they bleed a lot. The pain the first 2 weeks were horrible. I had to put my self of a liquid diet. The bm were so painful. I also have IBS d so I really have to watch what I eat. Now I am a month from the surgery I feel good, but I still can't easHardy foods because it if pain full when it out. Notice blood the other day. I still have some external ones, which make me mad. Hong for a check up soon to ask about the remaining ones.
    • Posted

Dear jmehas4 ,

What was the outcome did u eventually stop bleeding ? I'm still bleeding two months later

• Posted

Are you feeling any better now. I had pph 12 days ago and still have prolapse a little bit. Did this happen to you and how long before you were fully recovered and felt normal??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.