stapled hemorrhoidopexy

Posted , 4 users are following.

****I had stapled hemorrhoidopexy recently. very painful. my question for anyone who has also had the procedure: how long did it take to resume bowel movements, and what where the issues?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I resumed bowel movements within a day...however it took months before I wasn't having pain afterward. It helps to take a bath immediately afterward, dry well, use Preperation H, ice packs and keep up the Tylenol and low doses of pain meds.

• Posted

Lucky you. It's been six days and even letting out a little bubble of gas is blindingly painful. Presently I'm still taking actual pain meds and they barely work. I'm surprised Tylenol would help. But thanks for you info. It will help when I talk to the doctor today.

• Posted

Hi I finally found someone who feels pain when passing even a small bubble of gas even at day 6. I'm facing the same now. Are you any better since 4 weeks ago??

• Posted

Hey I just had the surgery last Friday so 8 days ago. I didn't use the bathroom until 2 days ago. I might have been constipated from the pain meds i dont know but when i did end up going it didn't hurt at the time but i had no control my body cramped up and pushed by itself. So just watch your pain meds. Plus I couldn't pee unless I was in water and laying down until 3 or 4 days after surgery. The pain comes and goes so far. But tonight it has been bad. Even the sitz bath isn't working for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.