Stapled Hemorroidectomy healing time?

Posted , 5 users are following.

The swelling and pain is awful, had internal and external removed. I've passed a lot of blood and blood clots the last two days, the surgeon says it's normal. The stitches hurt too!  I'm 13 days out.  I've had many surgeries, this one takes the cake, ugh.  I see as long as 8 weeks for healing.  Would like to hear from others who had this surgery.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just saw my surgeon, he said the swelling will take another month to go down, so that's 6 weeks, and what I have read online all over.  Wish he had taken the stitches out, but he said they weren't ready to, and would on their own.  It's crazy some dr's say 2 weeks for healing, makes me mad.  Glad mine is reasonable and truthful on timing.  The biopsy of lymph node in my peritoneal sac was negative, so very happy!  

Hugs to all, Blossom

• Posted

Brilliant news Blossom.

Glad he's being honest with you. At least you know what to expect with the truth.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend smile

• Posted

Horrible surgery....pain was bad for 2 days...pain pill fixed that.  It's the feeling from-  the swelling internally that is driving me nuts.  Hate that feeling-telling me about 6 wks for the swelling to subside internally.  Ok - 6 wks tomorrow  

• Posted

Just thought I would update so it will help others as they suffer.  I'm just over 5 weeks now.  Saw surgeon Friday.  He removed external stitches causing bumps a couple weeks ago and it make a huge difference.  It rarely hurts externally now, even pooping or wiping.  I still have internal stitches and he said probably by 9 weeks they would be gone.  I still have a lot of swelling internally, can feel it in rectocele inside vaginally, like a small marble, exactly where internal hemorrhoid was he stapled, but it's less painful.  Still debating whether to have the rectocele repair March 15, all depends on my leg nerve pain/weakness and extreme muscle cramps from CNS with radiating leg pain.  Having it now isn't so much based on surgical stapled area healing.  Near as I can figure, it takes a good 8 weeks or a bit longer for the tissues to heal and swelling to go down in rectum from any of these procedures.  The swelling internally bothers me more because of this wretched rectocele.  Most ppl probably don't even know they are still that swollen inside.

All that being said, I wish there was more info out there on one website.  I did extensive searching to find tiny bits of info about healing.  It's stressful when you are so miserable, and wondering if you will ever heal.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.  God bless! cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.