Stapler...

Posted , 8 users are following.

This sounds weird, probably, but I'm wondering if there are special every-day (but specially-made) items for osteoarthritis sufferers.  I have OA in my hands, bad (recently diagnosed - I am 53).  The pain can be so bad.  I just started a new job in an office where stapling is an oft-done activity.  I staple papers together a lot, and it just kills.  Are there things like staplers that are made for weak or sore hands? and if so, any recommendations?  Thank you! 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

If you search on Amazon you can get a Rexel Optima 40 Low Force Stapler which doesn't take as much effort.  You can also get electric staplers but they are quite pricey.  Go on Amazon and have a look.

Cels x

• Posted

Can't  help with office/work things but i use cutlery with thick rubber handles from Amazon. So much more comfortable I have OA in my hands and I'm 53 also
  • Posted

Hi Imogen. I use Arthritis gloves which I buy on Amazon. They help support the fingers and keep warmth in which helps with the pain and stiffness. There are several types available, some ok for work some for just added comfort. Hope this helps. Pollyanna UK
  • Posted

If it's in your fingers you cannot get replacement joints, I have two and now pain free and I can grip things as well, yippee
  • Posted

Imogene2, I don't have any info for weak or sore hands but I do have some advice.  My fingers were all so riddled with OA and they are all a little bent and crooked but they used to get so swollen at the knuckles and the colder and damper it was the worse they would get.  I was having horrible trouble with my stomach for many years and it was getting worse.  I had been on strong stomach pills for a few years and eventually tried going gluten free to see if it would help...well, I no longer have stomach trouble...no meds at all and the OA in my hands has completely cleared up.  I also had it in one elbow and it has also cleared up.  I have advanced OA in my lower spine and it has gotten much better where I can even go on my treadmill carefully everyday.  Hope this helps some. 
  • Posted

Not heard anything Imogene, get a junior to do it for you. I really can't help. My mother hard OA in her hands, but it didn't stop her knitting in the end she had to stop, all her joints were knobbled.  Sorry but my meds make me forget names.

• Posted

Hi, today I was prescribed Belbuca which is an opidoid.  I was suffering so bad that when i met with my pain clinic today they changed me from Brutrans seven day patch to Belbuca 150 micro grams.  I know I will feel better shortly.  I mistakenly said that Brutrans was morphine but it definetly is not!.  explained by the Doctor today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.