Staples/ clips removed post- myomectomy- it's not painful!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just wanted to open this threat up to share my experience of having staples removed after my myomectomy, 9 days ago. I was nervous to have the 23 metal stapes removed, as it all felt very 'horror movie' to me, and the prospect of having these staples pulled out filled me with anxiety and dread. They decided to remove half yesterday, and the other half tomorrow. Just to let other women know that the process was very easy and not painful at all! they had a special instrument looking like a pair of eyelash curlers, which snipped them and they came right out, without more than a tiny niggle. I realise everyone's experience will be different, and maybe sometimes it can be painful (?) but I wanted to share my experience. as I didn't see any similar posts on this in the past.

So, fear not! 

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

That’s great info to pass along. My doctor used a glue to close the incision.  The incision area still hurts after 10 days, but I am walking more and am finally off the heavy duty pain meds. Never thought how much coughing and sneezing would hurt. Fingers crossed I don’t get a cold or flu. My post op appointment is next Tuesday.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.