Staring into thin air all the time is this anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I suffer with very bad health anxiety and recently I keep staring in to thin air all the time it's driving me mad! I can still hear everything around me and I can get myself out of it but it seems to happen a lot and gives me headaches, does anyone else get this with anxiety?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Ya I get the same problem its hard for me to focus on anything I feel like I'm drifting off in space
    • Posted

It's horrible it's like I look straight through things and can't seem to concentrate on anything! Really hurts my eyes to 😩
    • Posted

Yes exactly I thought I was going crazy. I'm glad you just said that I am exactly the same people think Its all a joke but its not it is serious stuff
    • Posted

I know I feel that everyone just thinks we make it all up! But it's so so real and very scary, really wish it would be taken more seriously.
    • Posted

I agree tomorrow is my first appointment about my anxiety I sure hope I get some relief if I do ill let ya know how it all goes
  • Posted

I'm the same luv, I can be talking then my mind goes blank n can't remember wot I was going to say :-( feels like every1  Looking at me :-( x
  • Posted

I get this and I rub my knees or play with my hands without noticing unless someone points it out my anxiety stems from childhood trauma so it may have been a coping mechanism to nervousness and stress that I've just stuck with
  • Posted

I'm like that most of the time I just look at a spot and stair at it for ages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.