Starr Procedure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had the above procedure for obstructed defecation syndrome ?  Any info would be much appreciated as about to have this operation and not sure if I want to go through with it. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

please cancel it; I had it - consequences - bowel obstruction, rectal stricture, horrendous pain, fecal incontinence-damage is permanent and there is no trearment
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply I think I had already made my mind up to cancel the op as I have been on various forums and to be honest have heard some horrendous stories I just don't want to take the chance I would rather deal with the problem as it is at the moment. 

• Posted

Hi

i had the starr procedure 5 years ago its left me with urgency incontinence and very sensitive rectum with horrible pain sensation. Have you had this?

• Posted

yes, same; the surgeon who did it  Mr Dixon, currently suspended and under investigation, promised there would not be incontinence or pain; he said - any incontinence improves by STARR
    • Posted

No I didn’t go ahead with the operation decided against it as was worried it would only make matters worse 
  • Posted

you are one lucky person, celebrate; God gave this body to take care of it and protect it

I admire you!

• Posted

What are you doing to deal with the obstructed defecation disorder? I am suffering from it and tried biofeedback for about two months. No help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.