Start of week 6 and still feeling the same 😢 reassurance plz

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today I start week six of sertraline and day 15 of increased dosage of 150mg. Im still so anxious and depressed, I still have nausea,dizziness,depersonalation.

I need reassurance please. As I feel like completely giving up.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi most of the systems you said will  definitely pass I'm on 200mg and as with yourself still suffer 'with the  depersonalisation/derealisation and have done for the past 10months but this also could be related to a side effect from being on sertraline

so in time this should also pass . I'm slowly tapering down on mine to see if it goes        

• Posted

I'm on 7 weeks of 100mgs and feel the same

• Posted

it can be a nightmare at times one thing people have to understand is

knowledge is true power and by that I mean when you do understand things and why it happens that gives you the tools to deal with anxiety and panic attacks so reading a lot for example on this forum has been a great help to myself then you do get a better understanding so if you have been sent by your GP say for ecg etc and it comes back ok then you have to believe that and move on very important you also have to believe in yourself the only thing you have to fear is fear itself and that is under our control no one else it's all about taking back control believing in yourself being positive from there you can deal with this and anything life throw at us           

• Posted

keep going guys, u are doing really well so try to feel proud even though it's not easy amongst that annoying depression and anxiety..  get to around 10 weeks into the treatment so sertraline has plenty of time to work on you, and then assess whether you are feeling better, and if so, by how much (eg. 20% better, or 50% better, or 100% better) ... then you can adjust your sertraline dose if necessary (or continue on your current dose and monitor each week your progress..

t doesn't matter if it is slow progress, the important thing is that it is 'progress'.     ...  if not having any success at all with sertraline, can consider switching to another med.. or adding something along with sertraline to help your recovery (try not to worry, it really is only a matter of time before you are feeling well again and can start moving forward and living again)..

he important thing is to keep going, and remember that depression and anxiety isn't actually 'you', it's just something you have at the moment which you are working on to ged rid of, and the fact that you wont give up, means it wont win.  it's only a lifelong illness when you don't to anything about it to tackle it.

nobody on this forum is in that category, we are all here to get well, and we all will get well once we find the right solution for us, and add time for recovery (and there's a solution for everyone, and we have plenty of time).

• Posted

i wish posts could be edited so i could fix the spelling and grammar mistakes smile  (this must be the only forum in the world where you cant edit your posts!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.