Start to finish.....

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone,  just a quick one as I don’t see many people have had many good experiences with the pilonidal sinus, I had a first surgery in March 2014 it was a tiny incision, it over granulated became infected and then Needed another operation June 2014- again started to heal then got over granulation and infected, then I had another operation at the end of 2014 it was a very large incision down to the bone and had daily packing by nursss. Mine has healed up after 2 years in 2016, long time I know, doctors everyday.... however whenever I get down in myself or a cold for example my scar starts to break down and get sore, I have been doctors etc, I now use something called promogram which lays on the scar and promotes healing and kills infection etc, which is prescribed by a tissue viability nurse and it works great for me. My wound now heals for a few months then breaks down but only slightly and has stayed strong. I’m in the midlands UK. And hope everyone else is getting okay going through this horrible problem! Thanks guys just thought I’d share my story if it helps 👍🏻

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.