Start tomorrow but need advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I went to the doctors today and his first thing to do was stick me on orlistat. I'm gonna start tomorrow but I have an issue with I am going out for my 30th birthday I a couple of weeks. Obviously I will be on low cal meals as much as I can but for my birthday there will be cake and a birthday meal out which will be a fair few calories. Just wondering if I should stop a certain time before the night out? After all I don't really wanna have any side effects while I'm out lol. I have literally no idea what I'm doing I got the tablets and was told

Nothing other than 1 tablets 3 times a day. 

Thank you in advance x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. Oh some doctors are rubbish!!! 

Right you have prob read this a million times if uv been reading posts. No more than 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g per meal. 

Stick to 100% low fat and the weight will come off. 

As for your birthday you need to stop them a few days before if you're going to have things like cake ect. If you're starting tomorrow I'd prob have a low fat day tomorrow and follow the 5g rule without taking the tablets cause the tablets will also rid the fat in your system so you might have oil if u have eaten fatty foods. ? 

Britney has a blog / food diary on here and it will give u some good ideas what to eat. 

I stuck to LOW LOW fat and lost nearly 4 stone in 4 monthssmile no longer on the tablets but still low fat all the way. Good luck and hope u have a great birthday x

• Posted

Thank you for telling me that I'm in the hair dressers Most of tomorrow and at a wedding on Saturday. Sunday may be the start then lol 
    • Posted

My friend had a blow out of pizza night before starting them 💩💩💩💩💩lol say no more!!! U just have to really stick to it 100% I got drunk n had cheese of toast whilst on them next day I thought oh I'm ok ....... Then the day after spent all day on the loo. Had really bad tummy ache n it so wasn't worth it. Never did it again. 

Yeah if u have a wedding prob best as a lot of people including me felt rough 1st few days with a bad head. If I can help u anyway just ask smile enjoy yr weekend. 

• Posted

Hi as fatfairy says i have a blog if you want it. You will need to come off the tablets 3 days before the birthday meal then go back on them 3 days later personally in the early days i don't think this is a good idea as it can get you off track. All the info is on my blog please let me know if you want it and i can PM you a link. Also you should really eat as though you are on the tablets 48 hours before because the leftover fat in your system can cause side effects but if you have set your heart on taking them tomorrow it is up to you. Also just another thing it isn't really about low calorie i just watched the fat as it is the fat that gives you the side effects if you eat too much not the cals

Britney

X

• Posted

Thanks yeah I'd love to read your blog. I think it will have to start Sunday or Monday. 
    • Posted

Hi would you send me your blog please , been following on here for while , I have been on the pills for 3 months and have lost 15 pound just  received prescription  for next 3mths  but seem to have lost my way on food ideas , have 3 stone to lose ...Thanks ...karen 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.