Started 60 mg cymbalta

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on 30 mg of cymbalta since Aug 5 & now started 60 mg this weekend that just passed. She gave me a 60mg pill but I have taken my 30mg in morning & then 30 at night. I have been so tired & feel so out of it & don't know if 60mg is to much for for me. Should I give it time to work being it has only been 5 days Or should I go back to 30mg???

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda

I take 60 in the morning, mine is for pain as I suffer with Fibroymyagia. I can't say it makes me tired. It does take a while for it to settle. Have you had any side effects and what are you taking them for?

Deb X

• Posted

Hi Deb

My main reason for taking it is for depression. I took the 60 mg last night instead of the morning. I woke up at 4:30 am instead of 7am like normal.

My stomach is also upset which happened when I first started the 30mg. I also have NO appetite & I lost my appetite when I started the 30mg back in Aug. I told her this & she said it's my depression causing the appetite loss....I think it's the cymbalta.

• Posted

Have you tried taking the full 60 at night. My doctor recommended taking on an evening to help with the tiredness. I found the initial side effects did pass within in around 2 weeks. I eventually upped to 90, so had a morning dose aswell until I had to stop. Didn't think they helped until I stopped, I then realised they did. Just started back slowly on 20 to see if a slower increase helps

• Posted

Hi Penny

I took the full 60 last night & woke up much earlier than normal.

What side effects did u get after starting the 60mg?

I have no appetite, upset stomach but that's not why I'm not eating.

I just feel very much out of it & not myself. So even thou I was taking the 30mg I could get additional side effects from the 60mg?

I am taking for depression are you also taking for depression and does it work??? I just don't know if I should go back to 30mg or continue taking the 60 being I only started it 5days ago.

• Posted

I had it for fibromyalgia but it definitely improved my mood. Didn't have problems eating but it did make me feel sick to start and not with it. It was when I increased to 90 I struggled, I felt really uncoordinated and developed a tremor. I was also taking tramadol so think it was to much and an increase to soon. Pain returned bad after so did help when I was on them which is why I am attempting a smaller dose

• Posted

Hi Linda

I find myself in pretty much the same situation as yourself. I to have increased from 30 mg per day to 60 mg per day now on day 8, the first 5 days were fine, I said to myself so far so good side effect wise. But I feel I'm struggling with more fatigue than I had before, so I'm thinking should I give it more time or reduce back to 30 mg per day. As I'm still weighing it up I can't really advise you on what to do really. If I'm being honest I see myself going back to 30 mg, as I'm struggling at work.

Sorry I can't be more help other that keep in touch and let me know your decision! I would rather make the decision now than have to go through a withdrawal if you get me!

Take care

Garry smile

• Posted

At this point I'm totally not sure what to do. I take the cymbalta at night now & it seems to cut down on the tireness but I feel as depressed as always. I am only on this now my 6th day so wondering if it takes longer to take effect??? My anxiety is though the roof & I just walk around the house & have no motivation to do anything. She also has me on Clonazepaim 1mg after taking me off xanax which I was on for a few years. What side effects are u getting & do u have some of the same as me? I don't understand if I was on 30mg for 5 weeks why am I feeling so bad???

• Posted

I'm sorry you are finding it so hard with the increase. I wasn't on for depression so don't think I can help. I know they say you can feel worse for a while with any antidepressants before they have effect. Have you booked an appointment with the doctor to review the increase? Really wish I could help you more or give you some reassurance. The side effects I experienced were nausea and dizziness but they eased initially after 2 weeks. It did help with anxiety for me and improved my mood, I hadn't realised I was depressed until I took these and felt an improvement in my mood. I was on them for pain relief though. Maybe phone your surgery in the morning and ask for a telephone consultation with gp, I think that is probably the best thing to do. I wish you well and hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Penny, I am with a pych dr & I plan on calling her. My next appt is in Nov.

I wanted to go on Lexapro from the beginning but she didn't like this antidepressant. Well I think it should be up to me what med I take. I am so mad because I don't think Lexapro would of caused these side effects I am having. I took lexapro years ago & it seemed to help when I was with another pych dr which has retired now....to bad because I would of went back to her!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.