Started cold turkey

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys started my cold turkey today it's going ok so far feel abit fragile but that's about it. On a coach travelling back to my home after a busy weekend maybe being tired and hungover has helped me sleep most of it away so far anyway I'll keep everyone posted on how it's going!

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

good one frank, keep going good to be onboard doing same dtox, let us know how you progress through it,... al 82657
  • Posted

hi frank 17901- the first dat or two are normaly not to bad-depending on how much you were taking day 2/3 it may hit- it wont be easy, its better you are prepared for this- but it can be done- medical advice may be a good idea, you may get some meds to lessen the WD's - this is a hard drug to do cold turkey- i hope you have some people around you to reach out to for support, its important.

i quit last sep- i was taking 1000mgs a day among other stuff- i too did it cold turkey- it wasnt fun but was well worth it - it has given me a whole new life- free from that crap- best of luck with it frank- hang in there, stay strong and remember it will get better and you CAN make this happen-

• Posted

Hi Frank,  Really keen to hear how you get on.  I am very tempted to go cold turkey to get it over and done with but I have been told it takes a month to get out of your system.  28 days.  That will be a long time for me.  I am withdrawing slowly but have constant headaches which turn into bad migrames if i withdraw too quickly.  If I could see how many days of migranes I would have to endure I would go for it but I just can't.  Don't feel you have failed if it gets too bad and you need to try going slower.  Whatever gets you to the end to be free of tramodol.  The new you away from the mist and fog tramodol brings to our lives.  Keep going.  Georgia
  • Posted

Hi Frank, hope it's going well for you. Try to keep positive every day is a day 

nearer to success. I myself went cold turkey from dyhydrocodeine on new years

day, so twenty two days clean. First five days were the worst after that every day

gets better. Know you are in our thoughts and you can do this, you will be so glad

you decided to stop taking theses meds.

Stay strong Ann 

• Posted

Hi Frank, how are you getting on ? Hope all is well with you.

keep strong hope to hear from you soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.