Started elleste duet will it help muscle and joint pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.. I am 49 and I've been perimenopausal for about two years, trying every 'natural' remedy there is spending hrs studying google, I have had bloods done and other than the normal 'low vit D' that I have addressed, I seem healthy. Thyroid and iron levels and immflamation markers all normal.

I have resorted to taking elleste duet 1mg, my question is.. has anyone had any relief from excruciating muscle aches and joint pain, that I can only put down to low hormone levels, that are becoming worse by the month.

I am only one week into my first packet and know I won't be feeling the benefits so soon, but don't seem to come across many positive discussions where hrt has helped. This is my main symptom other than weight gain, I seem to be able to manage the sweats so far. I don't want to continue putting artificial hormones into my body if it isn't shown to help these horrible aches and pain that stop me from carrying on a normal life. 😐

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I did, just by the use of vaginal Estrace.  I had chronic muscle and ligament pain with menopause, after using the vaginal estrogen for two weeks, all the pain went away.

Goodluck

• Posted

I should have mentioend that I did 4 years of this pain befoer trying anything. But I had also gotten into vaginal atrophy and dryness and this was why I was given vaginal Estrace.  
    • Posted

Thank you, like I say it a only been a week so fingers crossed I start to get relief
  • Posted

Hi Julie

I feel your pain. I have now been told I'm post menopause!! Have had a rough time with pain and depression. Although have always been sceptical about HRT have been to the docs so many times for help, I have had every test done possible, changed my diet, taking vit D and various others. Have told the doc I'm getting to desperate stage with the pain all over my body but was told I had to stop smoking before I could get hrt! Am now in my 3rd week without cigs and they won't consider my until been off the cigs for over a month! Grrrrr! I'm not the friendliest of people to hang out with and feel like I just growl at everybody. Today I sobbed my eyes out at doc but still no HRT!! Any advice peeps? Thanks

• Posted

Hi lozz.

How are things going? Have you got your HRT?

• Posted

Hi Julie

I will be starting the same HRT as you next week.

How are finding it so far?

I also get aches and pains so we can compare notes.

Hope you are well.

• Posted

Hi Julie

Noted this thread was a month ago.

How are things going for you?

Hope you have had some improvements.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.