Started Esomeprazole

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've started taking Esomeprazole 20mg and been feeling very sick and burping a lot is this a normal side effect and does it last long? Its worst after food I don't no why.is there anything I can do like maybe take it every other day I had very bad stomach pain and sore heads for 2 nights but its fine now.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've also started taking Esomeprazole 1 X20 mg in morning and 1 X20 mg in evening.  Getting the burping after meals too, also my sleep is being affected in that I feel half awake most of the night, also very dry mouth at night especially and slight heartburn after eating.  Have looked at other forum's and the burping does seem to be a side effect.  Luckily no stomach pain or sore head.

• Posted

After looking into it a bit more I've seen people saying either take it with a large meal or space it apart more give ure body more time to process it..

• Posted

When you get stomach pain, your body is telling you that something is wrong.  I know people who randomly take aspirin for stomach pain.  First thing, you should visit with your doctor and rule out H Pylori, an ulcer, or something worse.  Knowledge is power.  If you have stomach pain you may be:

1  eating the wrong kind of foods that are hard to digest.

2. eating bad food, like chips, pizza, soda pop, white bread, dead food.

3. You may be under a lot of stress and causing your stomach to release extra acid.

Once you rule out the above common causes then you can move on to treating your stomach pain.  Some people make too much acid, some make too little.  But your stomach is designed to make acid to break down food.  If you stop it from making acid, you could easily get food poisoning or pick up parasites.  The acid is where these things are killed off.  If you take a PPI drug, it causes the stomach to store up the acid signal.  Then as soon as you stop, your stomach will release a bunch of acid.  It's called acid revenge.  Most PPi drugs say to take for 14 days only, because stopping acid production can lead to bone loss, dementia, heart and muscle damage, nutrient deficiencies, intestinal infections and more.

After you consult with your doctor I would recommend.:

1. No meat or eggs for 1 week.

2. First thing in the morning have a huge glass of warmed purified water.  Then 20 minutes later have a large yogurt smoothie;  Add 4 cups of water then blend in some berries and carrots etc.  on high speed,   then add 1/2 cup of protein powder and 1/2 cup organic probiotic yogurt , blend on low speed for just a few seconds to mix.

Lunch is a huge salad with only extra virgin olive oil and Balsamic vinegar.  It may burn a bit but will get better each day.  Olive oil and vitamin E can help heal the stomach and protect it as it rebuilds the protective lining.  During the day you can eat an apple, or any fruit and fresh vegetables.  If you have a juicer, make a quart of fresh juice and drink this each hour.

Dinner will be another huge salad.  After dinner only fruit or fesh vegetables.  Treat any stomach pain with just olive or or liquid vitamin E.  

Eat 1/4 cup of probiotic yogurt 1 hour before bed.

You can take just an antacid or malox right before bed to prevent burning.  If you get night time acid reflux then:

You should incline your bed at least 10 inches.  Read my acid reflux treatment here:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/how-i-cured-my-acid-reflux-naturally--402930

2nd week

Add mild fish or chicken to lunch and dinner.  Keep this up until you are symptom free.

You must have at least one bowel movement each day.  Add a second apple until you are regular.  Some people perceive hard stools moving through the colon as stomach pain.  The colon actually goes up and around the stomach.  Keep me posted  to your progress. John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.