Started falling to bits age 48

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all

i joined COPD  fourm some months ago , and now I'm joining this one !

some six months ago I had a medical for work and failed the spiromitory ,long story short, had ct scan,X-rays blood test , etc 

three weeks after my test i got a call from the hospital saying my lungs are clear , i could not stop smiling, well until she said I had liver cysts.

so my question is im getting a dull to light sharp pain in my right hand side about two ribs up from the bottom rib but not all the time, also I get a dull pain in my back at the sides of my spine does this sound typical and if so is there tablet to sort this out. 

Any feed back would be nice 

ps I see my constant this Monday 

thanks 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi probably not going to be the response you were looking for as I can't give you any solid answers but at least your not on your own so hi.

I would say that it's good your seeing your consultant he will have some answers for you I'm sure.

Do you drink, not saying that's what's caused it but they will take bloods or have they already done that.

You take care x

• Posted

Thanks Alex 

i would like like to say no , I'm not a drinker, but I have 6-8 cans of foster at the weekend, no wine or spirits. 

• Posted

That's not a massive amount but if you had test after that it would probably raise it somewhat
  • Posted

Hi Paul...did you not get liver function tests done..ie bloods...i had pain similar to what you are describing and was told it was actually muscular pain...but my liver function tests have been abnormal and i had to cut out alcohol...good luck with consultant..
  • Posted

Hi carol 

No I haven't any test done just yet, this was picked up on a ct scan of my lungs , I'm seeing the consultant this Monday 16th , I have read that a lot of pepole have liver cysts and don't even know about it and most cases don't need anything done ?

finngers crossed 

• Posted

Have you had your gall bladder checked?  It almost sounds like you are having a gallbladder attack.  Which can go from front to back or from chest to sides.  It's a miserable feeling and short of surgery there's not much you can do about it  I used to try and pacify the pain with a heating pad and medications, but I finally had to have the gallbladder removed.  Check it out, glad your lungs are clear.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.