Started Femodon 2 days ago now losing huge clots. Is it related? Feeling scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 43 and For the last 6 months I have been bleeding more than not. Been getting the odd few days off. Had a blood test done and they found I'm anemic and along with other symptoms like hot flushes and brain fog it's been agreed I'm probably in early menopause. My mother was early at 38. Was prescribed Femodon and told I could start taking it before having a CT scan to rule out any other nasties.

Was told I need to start taking the tabs when I wasn't bleeding but after discussion with dr about the fact I seem to be always bleeding he said I could start them straight away. Last night and this morning I have had the heaviest bleeding I have ever experienced. Literally soaking a pad through in 5 minutes. I've also started to lose huge clots of blood the size of my palm. Feeling quite shaky and panicking as today I have my fatherinlaws funeral and there is no way on gods green earth I'm missing it but I'm freaking out about how I'm going to cope for even 30 mins in a church. 

Surely it's far too soon for the Femodon to have any affect or is this a natural cleaning up process of my crappy uterus? Should I be concerned or is this something that will settle down with continued use of the HRT?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm an idiot I meant Femoston. Blame it on the menopausal brain.

• Posted

You should see your doctor as soon as possible. That is what the patient leaflet for Femoston says to do if you have any unusual bleeding. It also says you shouldn't take it in the first place if you have unexplained vaginal bleeding. There are medicines available to reduce the bleeding. Also - did the dr prescribe iron supplements? You will need to take iron and vit c if you are anaemic.

• Posted

I agree with Suki, ring your doctors. Ask for tranexamic acid to reduce or stop the blood flow. The ladies on here suggested it for heavy bleeding, I had to ask my GP for it when I was losing heavily with clots. You take it for the four or five days of your period. My GP never offered it I had to ask. Try and get the bleeding under control and then think about trying hrt. 

Hope you have managed to get through your day without too much stress. 

Hope you don't need these in the future but google period pants! These have been mentioned in previous discussions. 

• Posted

Hello Stacey

This must be very distressing for you.  I hope that you've managed to get through the funeral without problems.  Perhaps it's time to see a gynaecologist and consider hysterectomy.  Take care.  Cheers Lyn

• Posted

So things seem to be settling down. I managed to get through the funeral without embarrassment and I haven't lost anymore clots. I'm praying that it was a last horrah from my uterus but I will definitely take your advice and speak to my doctor. I'm feeling a lot calmer today not sure if that's because the funeral is over or if the HRT is kicking in (I guess it's a bit soon)

Thank you so much ladies for your suggestions and advice.

• Posted

That much bleeding is not normal. I think you should be seen by the dr or ER and they may consider a D & C for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.