Started Mirtazapine 4 days ago

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I started mirtazapine on the 12th December as prozac wasnt agreeing with me even though it has done in the past. I have major depressive disorder and have been feeling extremely low for over a month now. Since i have been taking Mirtazapine, i have felt extremely groggy and yesterday i had crying periods when i just couldn't stop, it was so horrible. today the mental health team are coming to see me which im really nervous about. im so desperate to feel better but i do realise there is no quick fix. A psychiatrist I saw last week said that if you increase the dose to 30mg it can make you feel less groggy!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi i had same problems of feeling groggy weeping all the time and depression back with a vengence plus no sleep due to heavy restless legs. i went to my gp and told her so she gave me sertralene abslolutely wonderful you must ask for them.

• Posted

I'm not sure if increasing the dose could help. If you have a mental health team, maybe they can offer some advice. I really do hope you start feeling better soon, but I am in the dark as well with understanding how these things work. Maybe it will take longer to have any effect?

• Posted

I really can't imagine why mirtazapine would have been prescribed unless you have anxiety and/or insomnia. Anorexia?

• Posted

Now 7 days anxiety free. So glad I stuck with the Mirtazipane. Merry Christmas to all and I wish everyone a happy 2019 with a full recovery from your ailments X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.