Started on levothyroxine

Posted , 10 users are following.

Please advise as after being on this levothyroxine 50 for 2 weeks I feel lousy. My worry is my legs below the knee hurt me like my bones are aching. Also constipation like you wouldn't believe. Is this the norm ? Also do I need to change my diet as not been on a diet for a while after being diagnosed with under active thyroid. Any advise please ?

Dawn x

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

DAwn - I suffered from constipation and leg problems for years.

I tried no gluten but worried about giving up dairy as I need the calcium.

Now I am back on some gluten BUT VERY LITTLE DAIRY and my stomach problems have cleared up - its amazing. It was the dairy causing me problems.

Seriously - dairy is for babies not adults - we are not supposed to live off mothers milk as adults!!!

So TRY avoiding dairy especially skimmed milk and see what happens!!!!

• Posted

Think a lot of people get the bones hurting in the legs and /or arms or the muscles hurting, I had a sort of draggng aching pain which eventually went away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.