Started running course and experiencing aches

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi- was diagnosed sero negative rheumatoid arthritis in 2014. Went on methrotrexate for 13 months and then came off to conceive third child. Since having baby (nearly 2 years old) have been flare up free. Just started a runnning course called 'couch to 5k' where new runners gradually build up skills. Only

2 weeks in and have pains in legs (not just joints but muscular too).

I was expecting aches and pains but worried I'm aggrivaring my joints - anyone else experienced similar? It may just be the new exercise but I don't want to set myself back as disease has been doing so well. Thanks 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed RA seronegative about 15 years ago, thing with RA its not just a joint issue its muscles, sinews, tendons, can also affect other organs, usually fatigue involved, it's a whole body thing, it's probably your body telling you to stop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.