Started taking Citalopram 3 days ago

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey , i have just been put on citalopram 3 days ago on 20 mg. Im so tired and have not left my bed in the past 3 days. My head feels weird and i do feel really sick till round the afternoon. Im thinking of taking the tablet before bed see if that makes any difference as i might sleep through it. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms ? Will this actually work , i know it doesnt work straight off but will i start to feel better in time ?

I have zero energy , i feel constantly down , i hate leaving the house and i have shut myself of from the outside world. I have lost my friends but that was through my friend who went out to ruin my life and turned everyone against me. I really hope these tablets will help me get back to the person i was. Im going to start the gym once im more confident and have controlled my anxiety. Just hate feeling like this

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know exactly how your feeling. I was put on citalopram 20mg about 3 months ago, and I was feeling so spaced out, tired, foggy and everything. But my doctor did said it can take up to a month before it properly gets into your system, and to push past the side effects and keep taking them. I am still on citalpram 20mg but take two a day, right before I go to sleep as that's what the doctor suggested as 1) would help me to go to sleep and 2) would mean I wasn't as tired during the day and could focus on other things. Hope this helps at all smile 
    • Posted

Hey thanks for your reply smile How long did it take for the tablets to properly working for you ??

Ive been on mine now for 3 weeks and a day not counting too much lol...I went through that horrible stage and then i got good full of energy , wanting to get out of bed and do things , i even did my hair and put me face on. And past two days i  have just gone down hill , really tired , sleeping loads and have had a bit of a headache today. So do you take two 20 mg tablets ?? So do you suggest taking them at night time then ? Sorry for all the questions Hope your doing ok x x

• Posted

I would say it took about 3 weeks tbh by the time they really started to kick in. Obviously I've had situations that make my anxiety worse but they have helped me more than I thought.

Yeah, I get those days too, some days I'm really good and motivated and then other days where I don't wanna do anything, but I think that's pretty normal though.

Yeah, the doctor recommended to take two at night time, as they were pretty much zapping my energy so helps me get a better nights sleep and also I'm not tired during the day. As when I took it in the mornings, come 2pm I was so tired and had no energy!

Hope your doing okay too! smile x

• Posted

Hi tas, Apart from the side affects ( mine were pretty minor) I seem to be similar to you. I was 4 weeks into cit and feeling SOOO positive, I even put a post up saying how great I felt and telling people that things do get better, then 3 days later I came crashing down, obsessive/worrying thoughts stormed back, the physical symptoms also came back too to a degree. Im hoping its just a blip, ive read that blips are very common. Id be grateful if you could keep posting your progress tas as were at similar stages of our INEVITABLE recovery!..... take care...... Luke x
    • Posted

Hey Luke , how are you doing now i hope it was just a blip for you and has passed?

I'm still not in good place sad but hoping it will pass i have got appointment this thursday so will see what the doctor suggest.

Really do hope your feeling better x x

• Posted

i am now on day 8 of 10mg. i am feeling sick drousey, anxious loosing weight as i do not feel like eating. feel like my life has been taken away.

i take my tablet at night but am not sleeping, lucky if i get 4 hours.

i am also on propranolol that i am cutting down on.

i have had really bad side effects that is why doctor started me on 10mg

• Posted

Hey margaret , how are you doing now ? have the side effects got any better ? Mine passed just over 2 weeks then had an amazing week and then have gone down hill from there.

But im determind to stick with them as i have read so many postive stories about them.

x x

• Posted

Hi Tas, i too had a great week! True it didnt last like yours but it tells me that citwill be helpful in the long run. Im still a bit low, but im hanging on to the memory of that good week! Take care tas

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.