started taking tablets tues lunch

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Everybody

i looked through messages posted over the last few months and found them really useful. I was alarmed when someone said don't eat cheese as I had low fat cheese on a jacket potato on tuesday, with scrambled egg on wednesday and usually have some with salad. I was expecting accidents. I found that my poo (sorry) has been sticky since taking tablets to lower my cholestral so wasn't looking forward to effects of tablets but I have hardly been to the toilet and am worried that means I wont be losing any weight. Any comments welcome

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi yer welcome to the gang

you can eat cheese as long as you keep within the fat limits allowed.

As for your stools you may need to have more water.

The tablets are there to make sure you keep your fat content down thus making your body use up the fat your body already has and doesn't need and that leads to the weight loss.

• Posted

Hi

How are you getting on?

I sort of started Orlistat last Monday.... :? and I have not had any side effects :lol: (but I do suffer bad constipation :cry: so a little help in that department would not go a miss... :lol:

I eat very low fat anyway, so I never had a good loss on the pills b4 and really dont hold much hope this time - I am only on it bcos the drug I previously had (which worked very well) has been taken off the market!!! :evil:

Anyway, with regards to your lf cheese, I should not worry too much about it unless you start having really bad reactions in the toilet dep :oops: :oops:

You are allowed 30gms daily I think....... :wink:

I reckon people who previously eaten a very high fat diet and take the pills changing to a low fat diet are gonna have the greatest weight loss..... smile but I will continue to take my pills if I think it necessary - it says if u dont have any fat in your meal u dont need to take a pill..... :roll:

Good luck anyway - do u have much to lose??

• Posted

if you're feeling constipated and bloated try taking senakot, i take these in the evening if i feel that way and then usually go to the loo in the morning smile
  • Posted

I also eat prunes and dried apricots as a snack during the day so I haven't really had any constipation
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies. I have found this forum so useful. The nurse did not tell me about the percentage of fat thing to look for this as been a great help. I went shopping and found bought lots of extra foods and treats I can eat.

I am worried that I wont lose much weight as my diet is on the whole low fat. The tablets have helped me remember to eat more regularly. I have substituted Asda no added sugar squash with water or diet lemonade instead of having to many cups of tea. i've now bought 1% fat milk instead of semi-skimmed, weetabix instead of honeynut shreddies. I will increase my water intake.

How much do I need to lose? I don't know Can somebody help me with this - the nurse just told me that I will be taken off the tablets after 6 months if I don't lose 10%. I am 5 foot five inches I weighed 107 kilos on Tues, I bought scales and weighed 107.7 this morning hoping this is only because they are different scales. I must admit I will be really upset if I don't lose weight I'm desperate to lose those extra kilos- I feel like that advert that says' One minute I was Jack the lad the next I had a spare tyre' or words to that effect except I'm female!

Thanks again and sorry mine is sooooooo... long again

• Posted

the weight you should aim for should of been discussed when you where being prescribed the tablets.

It really does all depend on your body shape. I have agreed with my nurse that the weight that they charts say I should be would not be a healthy weight and it really is not a weight I wish to get down to. We have agreed that I would aim for something between 12lb's and a stone more than what the chart suggests.

I am 5ft and aim aiming to get to 9 1/2 stone. 60.3 kilo's

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.