Started to feel like passing out

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know if its related to my knee replacement, from physical therapy, or my glasses. The light changes and everything feels like drained almost passing out in the store. I am at 11 weeks out and I went to my therapy yesterday and therapist had me laid down and she pushes hard on my tibia area on the lower knee part where it has a pole in in the bone. I feel very strange and shaking today. I got new glasses a week before my surgery. Never had problems with them. The only thing I could think of its from therapy. I need help. My knee is still sore from continue exercises. Is it supposed to be this sore at 11 weeks? I am thinking about going to chiropractic soon.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What medication are you taking? If you are not on medication then I would see a MD and get a referral to a neurologist.

Chiropractic treatment for what?

The knee is still new and you are healing. Symptoms seem unrelated to TKR however I don't have knowledge of this kind of side effect from a TKR. Good luck. x

• Posted

"Is it supposed to be this sore at 11 weeks?"

There is no "supposed to be"...it's different for everyone.  For most people, yeah...it hurts for a long time.  Lots of TKRers report noticeable differences at 3, 6 and 9 months.  It takes a lot of time and a lot of energy.

Eat healthy, HYDRATE a lot, ice and elevate, stick to your med schedule, finish PT with a 0 / +120 ROM or damn close to it, then start the exercise program to get your leg strength back.  Just take it slow and steady...you cannot rush this no matter how much you want that to happen.  It's all worth it...I'm at 16 months and it's almost like it never happened...almost...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.