Started Trazadone 100 mg a week ago and the side effects seem awful

Posted , 2 users are following.

Started 100mg of trazadone a week ago at bedtine to sleep..has definitely helped me sleep but the following days after getting up. I feel lethargic, lightheaded, anxious and off and own heart palpitations... Anyone else experienced this right ofc the bat...getting off of this and going to melatonin.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would get off it sooner than later. I just completed approx. 10 months weaning from it.  It was a nightmare, and still having withdrawal issues.  I was on 50-75 mg daily before I started to wean off.  Worst thing I had to do in my life 
    • Posted

Many many weaning/withdrawals

weak shaky jittery legs

dizzy

stomach issues

off balance

left ear fluttering

noises very loud

awful smells

lights to bright

sweats

mind does not shut down

toothache

palps

body jerks

nightmares

cold hands and feet

blood pressure up

aggitation

extreme anxiety 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.