Started Valtrex week after going to dr

Posted , 4 users are following.

I thought I had eczema so I didn't go to the dr. til a week later when my rash was started to dry up already.  The dermatologist diagnosed it as shingles.  Been VERY stressed lately along with my other shingles symptoms (over 50, had chickenpox, have herpres virus and stress).  She put me on Valtrex and my rash is almost gone (just one Small patch on my back.  NOW I feel like under my left breast I'm feeling a bruising sensation when I touch it only. I"m freaking out that another rash is on the way.  Can this be normal since I didn't go to the dr. soon enough.  I have stressed MORE since I found out I had shingles than before.  I'm an OCD Hypochondriac.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tommy!

I am sorry you are so stressed out. Is the rash on your back on the left side near your back bone (scapula?) If so, then this would be a continuation of the Herpes Zoster Shingles on the same Dermatome, which would be completely normal.

In any case, I am not quite certain how many days of Valtrex you have taken, but I would see my physician again and inform her regarding the pain under your breast. Is the pain similar to the pain you experienced on your back?

Please let me know.

I am a Nurse Practitioner in the States and have had Herpes Zoster Shingles in my right ear every three to five weeks for the past twentyone years and twice in my right eye.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thanks. I have one small rash on my lower back not upper. It's almost dried. I am on my 6th day of Valtrex

• Posted

No Tommy ,you're not OCD, if anything like me you'll be 'scared' of the pain coming back,my GP advised if symptoms appeared again that I should take the anti viral drug within 36 hours, like Merry says,go back to your physician and tell them about the feeling you are experiencing under the left breast to see if indeed it is thecshingle virus,good luck 

• Posted

I'm in my 6th week with shingles I wasn't given the proper drug to help get rid of them please anyone one that can give me any suggestions on how to get get of these or at least how to stop the pain , please do so . I waiting for any replies , thank you ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.