Started with a little shock

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my SVT day before yesterday after exercise session , lasted for 30 seconds.  However when it started i felt like a small current passed from brain to heart. Does everyone feel the same ?   I have SVT symptoms since 2 years but havent been doagnosed because by the time i reach AnE , everything comes to normal. My all tests are good. Have been through CT angiogram, stress echo and brain CT. All these came out to be normal and doc says no n ed to worry.   However i worry about cardiac arrest, as symptoms of CA is same as that of SVT.  Am i over thinking ???... my wife had sleepless nights thinking about me and was really scared. 

Is my anxiety making it worse, i always keep on thinking that i will have SVT now or then... 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am on a beta blocker for svt, mine was ignored for years, like you by the time I got to A and E it was going down until the big long attack in February.  I have missed beats still but no svt, I had many small attacks before for years.
  • Posted

SVT is very unpredicable.  We never know when it will go off.  My episodes last from 10 minutes to 6 hours
  • Posted

if you have a cardiologist, ask them to put a 30 day event monitor on and see if it can be captured. Once I had where I felt something pop in my head before having SVT. 
  • Posted

I recently posted this somewhere here recently but you can buy a Polar chest strap for about $80 and capture all your heart beats on your phone and see any SVT attacks.  I even ran it all night one time and saw some attacks, but fortunately mine are individual episodes and the cardiologist explained in this case they don't recommend any additional treatment, other than I am on 50mg beta blocker. Polar even has a newer strap that fits arm or wrist.

• Posted

Doctor never gave me any medicine for svt, acc to them medicines comes with side affects and abalation is best for this . However breathing yoga has permanent fix for this but it takes about 5-6 months and have to be practiced Everyday without fail. 
    • Posted

I was on fleccanide and am now on rythmol. Have not had any side effects at all. I agree that an ablation is best. They found a total of 5 abnormal rhythms when I had my ablation. The SVT was fixed but I have to be on medication to control the others. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I think doctors don't like to put young people on Medication. 

• Posted

I am 32 as of now and doctors dont talk about medicine with me . I live in singapore and doctors are introvert here. You have to ask 100 questions to get answers they just wont speak up themselves. 
  • Posted

That "small current" could have been a jolt from stress hormones (adrenaline, etc.).  I've experienced something like that many times with SVT onset.  Most published info tells us that an otherwise healthy heart tolerates SVT quite well, and risk of cardiac arrest is low.  Still, you, I, any many others are understandably frightened when our heart begins racing for no apparent reason.

I hope you'll be able to work well with your health-care people to find the best approach for you.  There may well be an actual cure (ablation?) in your future.  Please take the best of care of yourself.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for pouring your experiences.... i was really scared and now i feel confident.... thanks again for calmind my mind and somehow i hate adrenaline now 😇😇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.