Starting a different time of day

Posted , 3 users are following.

If I want to switch talking my cit pill from morning to night and I already took one this morning, does anyone have a suggestion on how I can do that? I want to try to avoid the tiredness in the mornings for the first 7 hours by trying it at 9 pm!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I take 10 mg every morning of the citalopram, 3 weeks on the 10 mg but started 5 mg first 5 weeks of taking it and my doctor upped it to the 10 mg 3 weeks ago.
  • Posted

I doubt that missing by 1/2 day is a big deal either way. The effects build up over weeks not hours
  • Posted

I would check with your doc, if it makes you drowsey could be a good thing but check I would imagine you would take a pill monday monring and not again until Tuesday night if that be the case ? But the doc is best to ask for your specific case.
  • Posted

Hi cindy, I'm concidering doing the same. My doctor specifically said to take in the mornings when I started - but I think this was because I was suffering from insomnia and I had been prescribed sleeping pills at the same time which I'm not supposed to take at the same time. But I'm not taking them anymore and I'm hoping that (now the awful side effects have subsided!) taking citalopram at night will help me sleep instead of the sleeping pills. I will probably check with my doctor before doing it but I'm not expecting it tobe a problem. Let me know if you find out the answer before me! x
    • Posted

Well someone on here said to split the dose in half, take it around 3 pm and the other half at bedtime, so I'll try that. So tired of being tired during the daytime
  • Posted

Hi Cindy,

I did mine gradually by splitting the dose fitst day I moved half 6 hours up to about 3pm then took the other at bedtime, I aimed for around 10pm. After that it was 10pm each night.

Initially I moved mine up, as suggested by an angel here, to avoid multiple and very vivid dreams that were really p***ing me off! Every night, every time I got up in the night I went back to the same dream or started a fresh one! Man it tired me.

Try this I did feel more alert during the morn and afternoon, but come 9pm I did start to feel urgh! Actually it was a good reminder to take the med.

Good Luck and keep posting

Best Regards,

David

• Posted

So like today instead of taking my whole 10 mg at 8 am I could take half of it around 3 or 4 pm and then the other half at bedtime say about 9 pm does that sound good?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.