Starting a job tomorrow.. Advice ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys. My 18 and I've been out of work for 10 weeks I have a job now and start tomorrow and the little things about it are making me a tad anxious. I don't want my anxiety to kick in and ruin it for me like it has in the past? I'm proud of myself for getting a job and I really don't want anything to go wrong. I may feel better bcus my mom works there too but we're not really close. Does anyone have any advice on how to feel relaxed at work? It's resturant work so I'll be very busy wnd I'll have to be sociable. Sometimes I get a random fear of being out in open spaces and not at home it can hit me out of the blue. Anyone got any advice for Me? Will be much appreciated X

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey Katie I'm out of work bc of anxiety and have been for a couple of years I hate not having a job and be normal, anyways good luck 😀
    • Posted

I just need some motivation back so I think it's the right thing to do all I can do is try my ultimate best I guess. And thank you x
  • Posted

Yes absolutely! Here are a couple of tips:

*When you start to get anxious, concentrate on your breathing. Take 2-3 deep breaths and really feel them. Focus on how good it feels. Once you breat out, tell yourself it's ok. You are safe to work. You are safe to make mistakes. All are part of life.

*Know you can do it! Have confidence in yourself. Everyone will have a learning curve, but the more you are willing to go for it the more you will accomplish.

*Lookup inspiring quotes before you go in. Find a fave for the day, and keep it in your mind so you can divert your attention when you get negative.

*Make sure to exercise! The more you get out your anxieties physically (daily) the more relaxed you will be.

Good luck to you!!! smile

• Posted

You might just end up loving it. Just be yourself and do your job and have a good attitude. Sometimes being around people is uplifting. Might be the best thing ever to be away from the same ole routine.
    • Posted

Yes I guess so. Just when people say 'I'm so proud of you' feel like it puts pressure on me if that makes sense? I hope my anxiety doesn't ruin it for me
  • Posted

Remember that anxiety cant kill you, and you can beat this!

are you excited to finally work again?

• Posted

I am. Some independence motivation and money will do me good
    • Posted

perfect!

send me a PM tomorrow and let me know how it goes!

• Posted

Hey Katie

Concentrate on you breathing and you will be fine

Good Luckrolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.