Starting a new job.

Posted , 2 users are following.

***UPDATE***

So, if you have read my other discussion I spoke about how I got a job and I'm starting that tomorrow, but I don't feel any different.

I still feel like because of the mass of amount of people who are going to be there I'll get really costrophobic.

I'm still scared, the different types of people who are there, I feel like I'm going to get picked on or bullied like I have been throughout school and college. 

When I try to breathe normally, by taking deep breathes I can't, I just get stuck and then panic.

Another really weird thing is, for some reason a guy who I met from the interview, asked me last night/this morning if I knew what this certain drug was, why? Is the warehouse I'm going to be working at secretly has drugs there?

I spoke to a perant about it, they said I CAN'T back out because I'll keep on doing it. But what do I do?!

I'm scared, petrified, worried, ah.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi firstly Ive got some anxiety aboutvwork tomorrow so your not alone, take a deep breath workplaces are very different from school, peole aren't put to bully you they are there to earn money like everyone else so don't panic about that, everyone gets first day jitters as it's natural to have nerves in this situation, once you have overcome your first day you'll realise there was nothing to worry about.

Try to enjoy it, I know it's hard, I have to be up at 4am so trying to calm myself down also, try having a nice long soak in the bath smile let me know how it goes, just think by tomorrow night you'll be so happy you managed to get through the day! 

Stay strong. X

• Posted

Everytime I seem to take a deep breathe, they just don't work and I become some what sort of breatheless.

I'm there from midday to late at night. I can just tell I'm going to feel so so costrophobic because it's a big place with a lot of people.

I was fine with the very first job I had, nice people, and I was working in retail and the customers were nice, but now this is a warehouse I don't know sad! x

• Posted

What's the job your going to? Once you know what your doing you can just get on with the work and before you know it the shift will be over, I know it's not easy getting hold of your nerves and anxiety, I'm having trouble as we speak it's like something just hanging over you and we choose to see the negative which is such a pain, I'm going to get a nice early night and just get up and go :s it's the thought of it really but once were there it won't be so bad it's the initial part leading up to it that I hate.

I'm sure everyone will be friendly and welcoming especially being knew smile

Have a cuppa and get a good nights sleep and don't let those negative thoughts intrude in the morning just focus on going to work and tackling that first shift, but I'm sure you'll be fine. 

X

• Posted

It's in a really big crowded warehouse, picking things that have been ordered. I've been like this since last monday, it's something that I never seem to be getting over.

Like I said I'm still scared, the different types of people who are there, not that I lable people but I have a really good nack of looking at people and seeing how they are and what they are, they don't seem nice or anything.

I haven't been able to sleep at all because of it eitherrolleyes

x

• Posted

Have you met the people your working with yet? As don't worry until you find out what there like, I've learnt that you can worry all you want but no matter what the days we dread come along no matter what and you can either panic and bottle it or just face the inevitable coz the quicker you face it the quicker you can get over it.

I'm still struggling but just gotta set tasks to do plan whay your doing with your day n go from there, don't jump to conclusions which make you panic as you don't know whatvto expect so don't think about that just get up dress up and show up then go from there, have it in your head that you can go home whenever as no bodies forcing you to be there but you need money so you may aswell stay.

I know it sucks and I'm crap at not worrying about work but in the end I get through the shift and it's actually or as bad as I think it's going to be.

It's just change throws us a bit as we're not used to it that's all.

X

• Posted

Keep me updated and message me if you need to, I'll try and reply as best as possible. 
    • Posted

Its  tough one and until you try it you not going to know, and its the not knowing that causes the anxiety I am guessing. Such a vicious circle. Try to deal with whats happening now, and then deal with things as they happen
    • Posted

Kind of, I have sat in the canteen whilst loafs of them were in there and they just didnt seem welcoming, I just sat and looked at my phone. You could see a couple of people isolated, and with me who always analyses everything, I thought well there on their own because of the people who work here. it's like ah.

and you rmessage below, yes I'll keep you updated, I'll possibly message in the morning but if you reply and I don't straight away it's because I haven't been able to have a look yet. but I really appritiate it! 

x

• Posted

I'm trying to live as much as possible in the moment, but for some reason I can't and it's fustrating
    • Posted

Right ok well yeah maybe its your mind making you feel that, it could of been coz your new they don't know you yet, try and befriend the ones that are isolated maybe and ask then how they find working there, I find it eases me by talking to people as they won't be horrible like you expect! 

I will try to respond to you when I can but I have work At 6am sad so may not reply, going to sleep now and get tomorrow over and done with as been worrying all day about it argh! 

It's just your mind being paranoid playing tricks as we know anxiety has that effect sometimes! But please try not to worry too much as it won't be half as bad as your expecting, we can discuss the shift when you've acomplished it smile which you will x

• Posted

I'm not sure to be honest, I might try, but then reading this I thought to myself " I'm not going " but I need to. Hopefully we do okay, hopefully I understand everything.

I'll speak tomorrow hopefully!  

Good luck! X

• Posted

Sod the narrow minded people if there are any. When you get back you got a whole community that can listen and be good friends

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.