Starting a new job

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been off work for 12 months and I am due to start a new job and I am scared my anxiety will be worse as I am starting to panic about it what should I do

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've been out of work since June I'm too very scared .i was off from Dec till June due to an operation.,I've got 3 job offers I'm really scared 🙈

• Posted

Sorry Dec to end Feb then got made redundant in June
    • Posted

I have done security since i left school so now I wanted to give something back so I have become a support worker and I am so nervous it is marking me worse
    • Posted

Yeah but I need to get out of my house I think once I am there I will be fine also fed up with doctors I think when they see my name they know what I am there for just need to keep busy
    • Posted

I haven't left my house without my wife in 12 months because of my legs godlike jelly

• Posted

You have to not look at it as a negative and think positively about it, think about how much better your life can be with a job and all the positives that come with that. If the anxiety part is all you think about then that will happen breath through those negative thoughts and remind yourself of your goals and things that will make you happy because of working.
    • Posted

That is what I need to do it is so stupid that I am even like it as I never use to be like it
    • Posted

Aww bless you when did you last go out .were do you live
    • Posted

When I was working last year in Cardiff I got scared being on the packed trains then all that happened in Paris which made me worse
    • Posted

I'm ok going out it's because I've been out of work for a while I'm scared..once I've done it o will be fine..I'm such a confident person aswell

• Posted

That what I need to do but I go out and my legs go like jelly and I tense up
    • Posted

But since being on here had helped me a lot as of always thought it was just me
    • Posted

Aww bless you we went on holiday last month when we boarding the plane we had to wait ins tunnel before boarding the plane it was packed solid I got myself in a state went all funny I couldn't see outside which made me panic I was ok when I got on the plane cus I could see outside

• Posted

Yea it helps cus I went on here after my ladies op it helped me a lot 😊

• Posted

I hate doing things like that I use to love my football but now I won't even go near a football stadium my mates thinks on am mad

• Posted

Aww that's awful for you I would go back to your docs defo

• Posted

Ok what did he say when you told him your scared to go out
    • Posted

He said just to try if I had a beer I will go anywhere but I don't like drinking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.