Starting Acterma and nervous

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi everyone I seldom post but read your discussions often. I live in the US and have been approved to take Acterma injections. I have GCA and PMR diagnosed last July. I haven't been able to taper very much off steroids. I would love your feedback about the medication and especially if you are taking it. Pray for me  that Ive made the right decision. 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I live in the US.

Have been getting Acterma infusions for 7 months.

The only problem I had was with the 1st. infusion. I got terrible indigestion. Spoke with my doctor and he advised I take a 75 mg. Zantac along with my regular script for Prevaci & I could take 4 tums with me to chew during the infusion if I felt like I needed them. 

Never had a problem after the 1st. infusion.

Actemra is helping to reduce the prednisone.

You will be fine with the Actemra.

I have NO inflimation, but my doctor wants me to continue with the infusion.

About 6 weeks ago I saw my rheumatologist & I was on 20 mg. of prednisone but he reduced it to 10mg. & if all is good when I see him in 3 weeks he will reduce it to 7.5mg.

This prednisone rollercoaster is not fun.

It has been a long year.

I need to write a post later this evening to let everyone know what is going on with me regarding the GCA/PMR and another something to go along with it.

• Posted

Hi  I was giving myself a shot once a week for 6 months of acterma.   Down to 2 mil predsone.   I started to have blood in urine and I could feel my lungs hurting   Very tried.  I stop two week ago.   Very scary  Still on 2 mil predsone .. crazy. Doing great back at gym 5 days. ,,,,feel great.   Don’t understand. !!!!!mj. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.