starting B/P meds again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i stopped meds about a year ago.Without going into to many details l have been on lisinopril ,amlodapine,and indapamide all gave me side effects so weighing up the risks i decided to try and change my lifestyle and take supplements that are supposed to help lower BP also my GP was very dismissive of me and i did not feel i could tell her about my fears and worries about meds.I now have a very nice doc who i feel i can talk to we have discussed my readings (average 155 over 84)and i am now starting on candesarton 2mg for a month to see how i get on .I am looking for some feedback on this drug i would like to know how other people have got on with it? thankyou

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I take Losartan which is presumably the same type of med as Candesartan although what the difference is I don't know.  I was put on that after Ramipril gave me the predictable cough. I've taken it for nearly 4 years and have had no side effects at all.

Good luck with it Nellybear.

• Posted

Hi, Nellybear, i cant help you yet, as i am not yet on Candesaron or Losartan, i have had bad effects with 2 tries at lisinopril and months of terrible times starting then getting off betablockers and it has been suggested i try one of these ARB types, at a very low dose as i am so medicine sensitive , and they seem well tolerated - how do you get the 2mg dose, as i looked on the web and it said it was discontinued - is there a way you can halve the 4mg? Thanks
    • Posted

Hi Annie 

Im surprised about the 2mg as well when you read the info in the packet the starting dose is listed as 4mg .Have only just started yesterday but will post after a few weeks with update .Im thinking the doctor was aware of my worries as i have had bad reactions in the past especially with amlodapine 

• Posted

Thanks, Nellybear, i asked my GP about this and he should contact soon, i can see on the net that 2mg candesartan used to be done by Teva, then discontinued, but as Teva have only last year brought out some new formulations of  low dose levothyroxine , i will phone my pharmacist and ask if the website is wrong, and the 2mg Candesartan is available here. Re later postings, I will be interested to know how you get on, thanks
    • Posted

hi annie

on the packet it is condesartan cilexetil 2mg company is milpharm

• Posted

Thanks, Nellybear, i will discuss with my GP, and ask what he thinks, it i am prescribed them in the next week or two, i wil post an update
  • Posted

Well done for being able to stop the meds in the original instance.

i would be most interested in knowing how you managed to stop your meds.

• Posted

Hi there

I probably did it the wrong way and just stopped.The funny thing is my blood pressure did not shoot up as expected .It did go up slightly and i took lots of supplements that i had researched online .My blood pressure has averaged around the 157/87 when resting its a lot higher after movement or eating and drinking.I sometimes think we are all different and that is reflected in our blood pressure whos to say what is a normal reading?but anyway there is so much info on strokes and heart attacke that i have made the decistion to try meds again will see how i get on

• Posted

Hello again Nellybear!

Are you saying your BP was averaging 155/84 before you were put back on meds? If this is the case, I'm not sure why you had to go back on medication, unless you're very young of course. If you're over about 50 this would be a perfectly reasonable BP. I'm 73 and mine sometimes hits 160/90 in my doctor's office but he hasn't suggested medication yet - just "watchful waiting".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.