Starting Cipralex, what to expect?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just started on 5mg of Cipralex for anxiety and panic 4 days ago and I'm not gonna lie I feel terrible! Feel stressed out and agitated, no apitite with a little anxiety just lingering in the background. Been sleeping alot and have no desire to do anything. Does anyone have any info on what to expect going forward or how lo g I should wait before I say enough is enough and stop taking the meds. At this point i would trade a few bad days with anxiety over theses side effects for sure. Any info or replys would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm going crazy!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's your body trying to warn that the pill is not medicine.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. Can you elaborate?
  • Posted

Hello

I started Escitalopram (which I believe os the same just different names) a bit over a month ago.  What you are feeling is completely normal and will pass.  You may feel worse before you are better.  But it will get better I am here to talk of you would like 

• Posted

You feel worst than being in a state of anxiety after taking Cipralex, i agree but try to convince your mind its your mind playing games with you and try to talk about those things which gives you anxiety. i honestly believe that medication is not a solution for anxiety
    • Posted

I agree it makes it worse and does not get to the root of the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.