Starting CYMBALTA 30MG for the first time.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is anyone else on CYMBALTA, did you have and side effects when starting the medication?

How did you find it worked with your overall symptoms on Chronic Fatigue  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Not on Cymbalta, but something similar.  Yes I did have some unpleasant side effects but decided to work  through them. I believe in no pain, no gain. My perseverance paid off and I am certainly feeling much better.  
    • Posted

Could I please ask what you are on? I'm just concerned what im on and if its any good rolleyes

• Posted

Citalopam but it akes a few weeks to kick in and hen you may need to adjust the dose. The side effects lasted for about 8 weeks but I put up with them as I am now reaping the benefits. 
  • Posted

I was on cymbalta for about 12 years. I think in the beginning it was helpful because I was so depressed from being I'll. Anytime I complained to doctors about symptoms they would up my dosage. October of 2016 I went off all my medications. Enough! The cymbalta is not designed to ever go off of. I've known people who have been on it for 20 years. It was horrible withdrawal that lasted 8 months. It was like somebody put a bucket on my head and hit it with a stick every five minutes. As the cymbalta was loosening it's grip on my brain I felt happier, I could think again, I wasn't sad anymore. It might of helped in the beginning years but it eventually made everything worse. The hold it had on my brain was frightening. The smallest doasge is 20 milligrams. It's not designed to ween off of. I think it is a very dangerous drug. I wish I could sue them for the depressed state of my mind for all those years. It makes me very angry. You do what you have to do...buyer beware.

• Posted

This concerns me a little bit, I know medicines change depending on person to person but I really don't want to go down the wrong pathway on medication. 

As I said in my other post, I've just got off antidepressants from battling depression for most of my teen years. Starting back on this originally formatted antidepressant is something that doesn't go down well with me. 

• Posted

It was shocking to me that as the months went by that it was like a light filling up a room. Maybe it can be used for the short term. It did help the overall pain in the beginning. For me it was quite frightening to see what was happening. That it had dulled my senses that much. I'm not on any medications now. I use weed products now and I have found a level of function and peace. I don't care to be a medical experiment anymore. I've waited 20 years for answers I'll keep waiting. The best approach I've have found is the holistic weed approach. Common sense with organics foods, lots of good quality probiotics, limited tolerable movement, find a passion reading etc, sense of humor and value who I am. We really don't get the full story on these prescriptions. We don't!!!

• Posted

Hey I had a pretty similar experience with cymbalta, although I was only on it for a year. It didn't do much for my fatigue but it did numb my senses and emotions (which I guess technically "helps" anxiety?) but when I tried to come off of it, I had the worst 6 months of my life. Psychosis, migraines, mood swings, etc. And then that relief at being able to feel again, was probably the happiest I'd been in a year. SO yeah just my two cents, I wouldn't recommend this drug and it turned me off to most prescribed medications. 

So now I've also been using weed products which really helps the anxiety but have felt it's actually increased my fatigue symptoms unfortunately 

• Posted

I am on cymbalta 90 mg. I think it has helped a lot. I have a lot more energy and it has also helped with my brain fog. Before taking it I didn't even feel like getting out of bed. I did not have any side effects while taking it.

• Posted

I've been told to have 30MG for the first week and 60MG on the second from there on.. It woke me up at 5AM and I have been not able to get to sleep, feeling nauseas and just feeling ill..

• Posted

It also kept me awake in the beginning and everytime that they adjust my dosage it happens again but it eventually settles down as your body adjust. I think those side effects are nothing compared to how it has helped me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.