Starting Cymbalta

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've never taken it before. I was on Zoloft for a year and a half and I came off of it for about a month and a half until I decided I wanted to go back on my medication. Well my doctor had me try Lexapro which was okay minus the teeth grinding, Prozac made me feel cracked out and crazy, so much anxiety and this time when I tried Zoloft my stomach hurt every single morning for hours and it would wake me up every morning at 5:30 am. I'm wanting to know if anyone has had a good experience going on Cymbalta for generalized anxiety and if they've been successful with it despite having a hard time with many other medicines. I'm barely staying afloat with CBD oil and Xanax so I really need this to work.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

CYM is an awful drug and should be taken off the market. Badly effects your liver enzymes. I was only on it for a while and was completely zoned out from everything 
  • Posted

Lauern, I know what you go through, doctors say try this try this other one. my experience with cymbalta was hell. please read other post about the withdrawal!!! I quit May 3rd cold turkey. it was a nightmare bad vertigo i fell 3 times the first week. im still trying to get my brain back but its getting better. all the bad reviews are correct. try to get your dr to up your benzodiazepines, mine did. all drug makers and doctors should have to take the meds they perscribe for a year. Cymbalta robs you from all feelings and rips you soul out, please be careful, God Bless
  • Posted

Everyone reacts differently to drugs.

Cymbalta has been a lifesaver for me and no negative side effects. I know that withdrawal will be tough but I've gone through it before so know what to expect.

If you've tried others with little success, you've nothing to loose.

• Posted

Ive been on 60mg for about 6 months and felt no effect at all no difference. I decided to stop cold turkey 3 days ago qnd again feel the same no withdrawal or different feeling. Seems it must effect everyone differently 
    • Posted

If it's working for you why stop.  I don't understand.  Treatment is for one year if you can handle it. Sounds fishy to me  

• Posted

nothing fishy, a tree fell on me, motorcycle accident car accident i was on hydrocodone 7.5/325 for a year leading up to cymbalta. the hydros were helping me get by day to day. im almost 60. the junkies have ruined the ability to get opiates LEGALLY. so my pain dr cut me off and said he had a wonder drug. i stuck cymbalta out for a year hoping it would help. but it robbed me of all feeling, not fishy at all. doctors are afraid of the government
    • Posted

yeah I've read some people go through o withdrawal, i hope you have none a d find something that will help.

• Posted

Everyone has different reactions on this drug. I was fine for first 6 weeks. After that I was close to death. Liver enzyme shot up over ALT 700 , fatigue. I'm off it still have waves.  I suffer from my chronic pain then I suffer with this crap 

• Posted

Before withdrawl my eyes got jaundauce and infection sore eyes.  With withdrawal its nasty. Takes your energy away sweats. No emotions during waves. I see now why ppl end there life. It's the drug. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.