Starting Duloxetine 30mg tomorrow. I've just stopped taking mirtazapine and been changed to this

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffer from depression and anxiety and also chronic pain. I'm really scared about starting this. The stories I read. I've had a really horrible week weaning off mirtazapine to start Duloxetine. I've had a terrible 12 months I've lost my Mum and auntie to cancer and I look after my Dad it's really hard for me to do especially with my problems. I really hope and pray this medication helps I guess I'll just have to wait and see

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Maxine,

Í am extremely sensitive to all these kind of meds but Cymbalta 20 mgs works for me. I really hope it helps you.

• Posted

Hi, Duloxetine did work great for my grief and depression. That said, I am not sure I would do it over if given the choice. While it masked my grief of losing my wife, more than year later when I weaned down to 10mg, it hit me like a brick. I cried for 1st time since she died..more like sobbed uncontrollably for a week.  But, I think that is what I needed, I finally felt like myself again.  I also took it for nerve pain and it did not work so good for that. I felt like I was in a fog the whole year I took this. I switched to Lyrica and that worked much better for the nerve pain and without the brain fog. My only word of advice is that it is very hard to wean off of, I had a hell of a time getting down to 10mg from 60mg....4 months later I am still  weaning off of it! Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Maxine:

How are you feeling now that you've been on Cymbalta and off mirt?  I ask because I take both.

Tried to wean off mirt and after months I got down to 7.5 mgs from 30 mgs. but had to stay at 5 mgs at night for sleep.  I too was afraid to take both but in a way I'm glad I failed getting off mirt because both the meds. are working for me.  I've taken so many meds over the years going thru all the side effects without much relief but to me Cymbalta is a wonder drug for depression, decreasing anxiety and slight decrease in pain.  If only I could deal better with the dry mouth and hard stool, I'd be content.

How about an update from you.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Maxine. I started same med 13 days ago. How you feeling?. I also lost my mum last August. And have a son of 28 who lives with me and aggrophobic. Life sucks sometimes. But would love to know how and if tabs are working for you. 🤗🤗🤗. Michelle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.