Starting duloxetine as an add on to pregabalin

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'd be grateful to read others' (new)  experiences. I have severe GAD and Social anxiety. About 4 months ago,  my psychiatrist started me on Pregabalin, which I now take twice a day (100mg) but although it initially seemed like a miracle drug, my anxiety had been getting worse again lately, and he has switched me from "0mg Fluoxetine which I'd been taking for about 9 months to 30mg Duloxetine, with the idea of increasing the dose of Duloxetine gradually.I'd be interested to know whether others have found this combination effective? I've read a lot on here and elsewhere recently about the problems folk have had with Pregabalin (I had no idea of that before I started it!) and I'd hope if Duloxetine worked, the doc. might start tapering my Pregabalin dose as I'm concerned- and it doesn't seem to be working for me, anyway! Any thoughts/comments on this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.