Starting duloxetine next week, I am worried please could I have some happy stories please.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning. I am new here so hello all.

I am currently coming of sertraline ready to start duloxetine 30mg for on week and then up to 60mg. It to help with my anxiety and panic attacks, i have them mainly when i go to leave the house. After a horrendous 3 years and being a prisoner in my own home, due to agoraphobia. I was just wondering if anybody has any good stories and anything that might help to help me leave my home. I just want to go out and do normal things. Thank you for reading 💜💜

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bonnie,

I have taken Duloxetine for 6 months. I started with 20 mg and now on 90 mg. I take the med with food. I had side effects for 2 weeks when started or increased the med: food taste weird, pressure and dry eye, dry mouth, constipation and very tired. I still have dry mouth and constipation.

After 6 weeks of 60 mg, I felt 60% better. The Duloxetine works very slow. I have been taking 0.25 mg of xanax 3 times/day to be able to go to work.

• Posted

tracey, how is your sleep on cymbalta. do you get a good sleep. do you feel tired throughout the day?

• Posted

Hi, anxiety makes me not able to sleep. So, when I started Duloxetine, my doctor gave me Ambien 5 mg to sleep. It has been almost 7 months. I am still taking it 6 nights per week. I have not to take one night, so I take Xanax to calm me down, so I am able to sleep.

My doctor said I don't need to stop Ambien now. The first thing I should try to stop is Xanax, but I am able to do it yet.

Yes, I feel tired during the day, but I was more tired before I took Duloxetine. I have anxiety a lot all day. I think, anxiety makes me tired. I hope this mental illness to end soon.

Are you taking Duloxetine, too?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.