starting mirtazipine 15mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

been given mirtazipine today for anxiety and insomnia,   was wondering when is the best time to take , at bedtime or before?    i have to stop the zopiclone now does this medication usually take long to start acting? appreciate any feedback  jo

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Johann,

What did your doctor suggest for taking Mirtazapine? I've been on it for a long time and take it 1-2 hours before bedtime. You may have to experiment with the time since we are all different. If you don't have trouble falling asleep you could take it at bedtime. I would suggest that you take it an hour or more before bedtime and see how that works.

Good luck to you.

• Posted

thanks karin i appreciate  your response the doctor just said take at night so i will try an hour before bed kind regards jo
  • Posted

Yes, i take it and its best about an hour before bed.  You may feel a bit sleepier in the morning until it settles but it does give a good sleep.
    • Posted

thanks ann  on your advice, i  will do that   kind regards jo
  • Posted

Hi, same as you, I was prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg for anxiety and insomnia about 4 months ago, the first few nights I took it an hour before bed but this didn't work for me. I found it works best (for me) to take it as I'm going to bed. It did make me feel groggy for the first few days but this soon wore off. One piece of advice I took from someone on this forum which was invaluable was to make sure you're tired before going to bed and then take your tablet. I have found if I go to bed but I'm not really tired, I take my tablet and then just lay awake for ages. You will find out what's best for you, help always on hand in this great forum 😊

• Posted

hi lisie thanks for taking the time to share your experiences, all comments taken onboard, i much appreciate it regards johann

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.