starting month 5 still off days

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks, starting month 5 on 20m.CIT still having off days not to the degree of not being able to function just had a week of feeling great then boom. Anyone else in this time span of CIT having this happen ?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I can't give u any advice I've been on cit 20mg for 12 weeks and still have intrusive thoughts did you struggle with them ? If so when did they settle ?

Thanks

• Posted

Those were the worst part of my anxiety. I still get them every so often, but like in the 4 th month they esed up alot. Good Luck!
    • Posted

Don, fortunately I have never experienced intrusive thoughts so I can't comment on this. Only keep your mind occupied and busy as much as possible. I feel blessed after reading these comments from some of you that my condition was mainly stress and anxiety causing me problems. My big battle through all this was the side affects of CIT. Almost like have to make yourself feel bad to eventually feeling good. Crazy !!!!!
    • Posted

Thanks for reply

I'm just entering my 4 th month in a few days so fingers crossed 😃

• Posted

Yes it's normal.  It's how the meds work.  Your body is adjusting, you're still healing, and along the way there'll be ups and downs - good days or weeks and bad days or weeks.  The good times will increase slowly over time and the bad times will eventually cease altogether.

In time you'll feel good all the time - back to yourself again.

K x

• Posted

Thanks k ! Just tough to handle when you think all is good .
    • Posted

Yes it is.  I remember when I felt good, life was great and I thought I could handle anything - then when I was back down in that hole again all those thoughts went out the window.

It took me around 6 months to recover and I've been well ever since for years now.  It will happen for you too.

K x

• Posted

I have been on CIT for 7 months now. I get anxiety still but its no where near as bad. Anxiety and depression sucks and we are stuck wth it. Just keep yourself busy it will pass.
    • Posted

Thanks good to know it takes time for some off us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.