Starting my journey on Cipralex

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I was on here before but don't think I posted.

I am now on day ONE of Cipralex. It took me a while to decide to take it (again). I had taken it back in Aug/Sept but stopped it. I have a hatred for pills but have decided to put my big girl pants on and take them to make me feel better. We take meds for heart issues, diabetes, blood pressure, etc. etc. Why not take meds for your brain! It took me a while to come to terms with it. I know it shouldn't be such an issue but for me it is/was. From reading comments here I know there are side effects as I had experienced some when I was on them earlier. I was only on them 21 days. I had started at 5mg for about 10 days then up to 10mg. I'm hoping my attitude this time helps with dealing with whatever side effects I have. Posting here helps me know that there are others out there who may be feeling the same. Reading the positive posts gives me a lot of hope! Hope everyone out there get feeling better soon!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

yeah its a hard journey but gets easier and easier....for me...side effects were hard...also came along with side effects of too many NSaids for back pain so i was really crippled ..panic attacks, dry mouth, heatburn, nausea,no appetite, shaking, weak, sweating...the works...but im almost 6 weeks in and im turning the corner...my anxiety is lessening each day and i getting there so stay strong

• Posted

Hi gary79138. You certainly went through a lot. Glad you are turning the corner. I am only on day 2 and feel brutal. My insomnia gets the better of me when I don't sleep at which happened last night. I will try hard to stay strong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.