Starting new anxiety medication. Similar stories?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i suddenly began experiencing constant anxiety about two weeks ago around jan 10th. the first week i had trouble sleeping and trouble eating.

then my usual doctor (who only talked to me for ten minutes and practically blew me off) started me on sertraline 100mg on jan 17 and the last four days have been horrible. increased anxiety and nausea. i went to see another doctor who was more attentive and actually talked to me about my symptoms and side effects. he told me to stop taking the sertraline and switch to 10mg of escitalopram (better known as lexapro) in the morning and 7.5mg of Buspirone three times a day. this is only the first day of taking the new meds and the side effects seem to be slightly lessened but obviously still feeling bad anxiety.

id like to know if anyone has positive stories or experiences while taking either one of these drugs or both at the same time like me. want to know how other people have felt while in the beginning stages of taking these meds.

please only positive stories.

any negative or bad experiences will trigger me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

keep in mind that these medications take 4 to 6 weeks to really kick in. Many times people will feel increased anxiety in the beginning but it normally settles down after a couple weeks. Everybody’s different.stick with it and get through those first few weeks and then see how you feel. Let your doctor know if you’re not feeling any better or feeling worse. Unfortunately sometimes people have to try several different medication’s before they find the right one. Hopefully you won’t have to do that. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.