Starting on pills tomorrow :/

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone, been reading posts for a few days now and think i am ready to start with the pills tomorrow. Im Lisa, aged 38, married with 2 daughters. I am currently size 18-20 and weigh almost 14 stone. I have had a weight problem for about 10 yrs, basically after the birth of my first daughter. Before that pretty much took my size for granted.. i was 9 stone and a size 10. I HATE being big!!!!! I have tried slimming world, WW etc and do lose some weight but have never reached my target which is 10 stone. I have just recently quit smoking after 22 yrs and was so worried about putting on more weight that i asked my GP for help and she suggested ORLISTAT. I have been smoke free for 2 weeks and feel like i have it under control so am ready!! Slightly nervous about the dreaded side effects but from what i am reading gather its only really bad if u eat a diert high in fat. Wish me luck and i will keep u all posted with my progress.

Lisa x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

good luck on this remember the tablets work on FULL fat.

basic's to remember:

stick within your 30gm's of FULL fat per day - easiest way I have found is to split it between three meals. 5 for breakfast, 10 for lunch and 15 for dinner. If you manage not to hot those amount you then have room left for some treats.

Don't buy any foods that are over 5gm's per 100gm's of FULL fat.

Drink clear fluids, water, green tea's.

Try not to eat after 18.30.

• Posted

Hey, ty for your reply.... i have had my 3 pills today but think i have been too careful?? Not had even 15g fat today rolleyes I feel that if i dare eat a biscuit or something im being bad! Urgghhhh !! Should i aim for 30g a day or does it matter if i eat under this?? Confuzed!

Today i had...

1 pill, Banana and low fat Alpen cereal bar

1 pill, chicken salad sandwich ( low fat ) fat free yoghurt

1 pill, Sweet and sour chicken and rice

ty for your help!

Lisa xxx

• Posted

from that list you are not eating anywhere near enough. It does sound silly but you do not to eat to enable your body to lose weight, You just have to eat the right foods.

Today I have had:

Breakfast - Cup of tea, bowl of mixed cereal, fruit and fibre, special k and shreddies with a sprinkling of cranberries. skimmed milk

Lunch - tuna and sweetcorn sandwich, low fat hot cross bun. couple of cups of water.

Tea - Pasta bake with garlic bread. WW caramel crunch dessert.

May have a chocolate snack a jack before bed with a cuppa.

Also from your list a point on banana's - no more than 3 a week

Don't let yourself go hungry as this will not help you to keep to the diet. There are loads of low fat treat options around so you can still get chocolate/sugar fixes if needed. and as you already have no fat yoghurt's which is good and WW do some nice dessert pots that are scrummy.

• Posted

Hi, I think it would be a good idea, especially for newcomers, if we put on what we have eaten in a day, this way we can help the them and also each other.

Today I have had

Poridge oats mixed with toffee mullerlight

Strawberries and grapes

Mid morning 1 alpen bar

Lunch, low fat ham sandwich, wholemeal bread, no marg but pickle

with salad

Bag of Sainsburys BGTY Chedder & Red Onion Crisps

Apple

Tea Chicken casserole, mash potatoes, carrots and sprouts

Apple

Supper Rice krispies and semi skimmed milk

Water and green tea to drink

Total calories 1190 Total fat 14g

Hope this is OK, always welcome any feedback

Good luck to you all

Mandy

• Posted

Hi All,

Today I have had as follows

Breakfast

2 Crumpets, 10g's L.F Spread & Jam = Fat 5.4

Mid Morning - Iceland Hot Coco = Fat 1g

Lunch

WW Meal Pasta & Go ahead Apple & Sultana Slices = Fat 8.4

Dinner

Baked Beans on Toast 10g's L.F Spread & 10g's Cheese = Fat 9.9

WW Desert = Fat 2.2

Late Nite Drink Iceland Hot Coco = Fat 1g

TOTAL FAT 28g

Hope this is helpful xxx

Good luck everyone :lol:

• Posted

why are we only allowed 3 bananas a week? it my most favourite fruit, and would love one every morning for breakfast... sad

Tillydoll x

• Posted

Thatis really useful, seeing what everyone is eating. I don't think I have been eating enough either, I am so keen to lose weight at the moment and so scared of what might happen if I eat any fat!
  • Posted

[quote:4a39d22d80=\"tillydoll\"]why are we only allowed 3 bananas a week? it my most favourite fruit, and would love one every morning for breakfast... sad

Tillydoll x[/quote:4a39d22d80]

Advise from my nurse as they are full of natural sugars.

The point of eating enough food is that if you don't the body will just go into starvation mode and try and conserve your fat stores to enable your body to function.

• Posted

from looking at this i am too not eating enough, i think when you start out you worry even more about what you eat but reading these was extremely helpful thanks girls xx
  • Posted

I agree with you sodetermined, I am on my first week of the pills and am eating very little because I want the doc to be really impressed with me!
  • Posted

ty everyone, reaaly helps to see how others are coping and definately a gr8 idea to see what everyone else is eating... i havent been so strict today.

B/fast-Bowl musli with ss milk and banana

Lunch - Chicken and stuffing low fat sandwich, alpen bar and low fat yoghurt

Dinner - WW ready meal and WW strawberry cheesecake

Snacks - Apple and pkt snack a jacks

Tea and coffee

Not counted fat as tbh have had really manic day but think i got it right!

Good luck and ty to all

Lisa x

PS: No nasty side effects yet but abit windy hahahahaha!!

• Posted

Hiya, re: the banana thing - I too love banana's but it is the same if you follow the GI diet, it's all about the natural sugars as Suza said.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.