Starting on venlafaxine need help with side effects!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I started on Venlafaxine the lowest dose, I was on that for a week then went to 75 mg. IV been on the 75 mg for 1 week so far and IV felt high anxiety and really dizzy. The doctor said it'd eventually go away after 2-8 weeks. It's really hard to do things when I'm dizzy and it's really annoying. IV been on a lot of different anxiety meds and just want one to work. Can anyone please help me with how long the side effects last and if this pill will eventually help my anxiety?! Thank you for your time.

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok guys, I'm back here again, having some bad anxiety. They put me on Brintellix 5mg yesterday and today I went to 10mg per my doctor. I also switched from 5mg a day kolonopin to 2mg twice a day of Valium. I feel 20 times worse and the Valium is not calming me down. 1st day on Valium. I don't know what to do. Any thoughts? It almost seems the kolonopin was working better...
  • Posted

I find them bad for anxiety too. but not as bad as escotalopram. I think I will have to get off these too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.